As most of you know, John Patrick - aka Jack, came into the world on Saturday, January 6th at 8:14 pm. He weighed 7lbs 6 oz and is 20 inches long.
I started labor at about 11am (a few contractions before my water broke, but I just thought they were Braxton-Hicks contractions!) and got to the hospital at about noon. The doctor thought he might have to give me something to help things get going, but then when he checked me later he said that the baby was coming at 80 mph since I progressed so fast.
The hospital was very busy - George said that women were on gurneys in the hallway in labor and we had a private labor/delivery room with a tv and refrigerator (granted - the tv station had mostly Korean shows but there were like 2 American ones - we watched some of Back to the Future and some other stuff). The bad side was that it took 3 hours to get the epidural b/c they were so busy. That made life unpleasant for a while - but once it kicked in I was good to go!
The doctor thought I'd have the baby after midnight, but Jack had other plans. A little before 8 I felt like pushing so we got the nurses and doctor and they were shocked that I was ready. In a matter of minutes they brought equipment into the room and after 2-3 pushes (with a little help from the doctor!), Jack came into the world. George cut the umbilical cord and was very supportive the whole time.
Here are some pictures of our little man:

I started labor at about 11am (a few contractions before my water broke, but I just thought they were Braxton-Hicks contractions!) and got to the hospital at about noon. The doctor thought he might have to give me something to help things get going, but then when he checked me later he said that the baby was coming at 80 mph since I progressed so fast.
The hospital was very busy - George said that women were on gurneys in the hallway in labor and we had a private labor/delivery room with a tv and refrigerator (granted - the tv station had mostly Korean shows but there were like 2 American ones - we watched some of Back to the Future and some other stuff). The bad side was that it took 3 hours to get the epidural b/c they were so busy. That made life unpleasant for a while - but once it kicked in I was good to go!
The doctor thought I'd have the baby after midnight, but Jack had other plans. A little before 8 I felt like pushing so we got the nurses and doctor and they were shocked that I was ready. In a matter of minutes they brought equipment into the room and after 2-3 pushes (with a little help from the doctor!), Jack came into the world. George cut the umbilical cord and was very supportive the whole time.
Here are some pictures of our little man:

This is his newborn picture from the hospital ... he was about 15 hours old at this point (1/7).
Jack checking out his new surroundings (1/10).
No comments:
Post a Comment